Sunday, September 30, 2012

Introduction to Drey

Ello, fellow bloggers! My name is Andrea. I've never been called Andi, or even Ann. I have, however, been called Drey, Drea, Andrew (from a stranger I spoke to on the telephone who thought I was a man), Adrian, Amanda, and Eddy. The latter is what my brother calls me in his own twistedly endearing way. He loves me deep down, though. I just know it.

Anyhoo, I decided on a whim to begin a blog because I have nothing better to do. No, really. I don't have a chapter to do for College Algebra. Nor do I have a bunch of scriptural readings to do for my Catholic Traditions class. You'd be crazy to think that I actually have a project due Thursday for my TV1 class that I haven't started. What are you talking about?

Okay, fine. I'm busier than a duck. I don't know why I said that or even if ducks are busy enough for this analogy, but there it is. What do ducks do all day, anyway? They cross streets. I would know, because there's a street right by my old high school that always had families of copious ducks crossing the street. And I don't mean two or three ducks, I mean a stereotypical Catholic family of ducks (that's about 9-12 ducks right there). I don't even know where they all come from. But I remember if we were ever late to school, we could just say it was due to the ducks on 9th street, and the secretary would understand.

Okay, I kind of went off on a tangent there.

But anyway, I decided to make this blog because I'm a typical Grammar Nazi who enjoys correcting people's grammar until they want to cut out my vital organs. No one has yet, thank God. Hopefully it stays that way.

I will most likely be posting wonderful grammar-ish things in my spare time and you can either indulge in these grammar rules as I do, or learn from them. Please don't cut out my vital organs. I need them.

1 comment: